By; Sally A. Piefer
This afternoon the Department of Labor (DOL) issued its Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice. A copy of the notice can be found here.
Please note the following about the Notice:
- The effective date for the new Act will be April 1, 2020.
- Covered employers (those with fewer than 500 employees) must post this notice in a conspicuous place on your premises.
- For employees who are already working remotely or are on leave, you may also satisfy your posting requirement by emailing or mailing a copy of the notice to employees, or posting it on your intranet.
- You need not provide the notice to employees who are laid off. You only need to provide notice to current employees.
- If you are hiring new employees, you must convey the notice to them, either by email, direct mail or by posting the notice on your premises. If new employees will not have access to your premises, we recommend conveying the notice by email or direct mail.
While not required to post the notice in multiple languages, be aware that the DOL is working on translating the notice in other languages.
We will continue to monitor further COVID-19 developments. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your Lindner & Marsack attorney.